Wednesday, November 8, 2017

TOMB OF DRACULA (1972) #10 [July 10, 1973]


As I read this comic while watching the first Blade movie and drinking fine Chivas Regal blended Scotch in a beautiful new glass tumbler, I realized that my life is not so bad. Yeah, my job is completely thankless, stressful, overworked and underpaid -- but outside of work I am truly grateful for my geeky pursuits such as comics and movies. Movies based on comics are good as well.

So, this is the first appearance of Blade. I am not sure where Marvel was going other than blaxploitation and horror mashed up together. I doubt any black people even wrote or did the artwork for this issue, but Blade does day, "Dig" a lot. Other than introducing a character that would end up having a decent impact on films and comics, the book is not too significant. God, these 1998 special effects have dated. Old school CGI.



Oh yeah, and there is a hot blonde woman and a cruise ship plus the regular Vampire hunter characters of the Tomb of Dracula series such as Harker.


No comments:

Post a Comment